Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mommy 0 Daddy 1

Yesterday was one of those days! Kidz Kamp went great, I'm really enjoying my teaching team and the kids seem to be having fun. My own children were well, happy and entertained for 3 1/2 hours.

On the ride home a headache overcame me, the likes of which I have never experienced. I got the kids in and to bed, layed down and woke up to JB screaming "mommy, mommy now now now"As I lifted my head off the pillow I knew I was in trouble!

Both kids were now up and the headache had gone from terrible to unbearable...I even got sick to my stomach. So of course, I called Prince Charming to see if he could come rescue me. Not so much. What's a girl to do I ask you!?!? Well this girl turned on a Tinker Bell movie, sat the kids in front of the tube and slept for an hour and 1/2 more. I woke up feeling only slightly better, but Prince Charming really came through! He got home, cooked dinner and totally cleaned up the kitchen (it had a good day and half worth of dishes I like to blame on Kidz Kamp in the sink). Then, and this is adorable, he cut up an entire watermelon, layed bath towels down on the living room floor and had a watermelon picnic with the kids before bed! They loved the watermelon, the picnic and time with Daddy. By then I was feeling a little better and was able to indulge in a piece or two myself.

Somedays just don't go as I have planned, but I'm glad for my Prince Charming and his sweet way of being Daddy :)

1 comment: