Wednesday, June 8, 2011

things that make you go hmm...









This sign makes me crazy! I have been reading it for years and for years it has made me go hmmm....


For starters, do employees really need to be reminded to wash their hands? If they are the non-hand washing type they are probably also the non-sign reader type. And what is the effectiveness of a sign like this anyway, do people do their business begin to walk out the door, read the sign and then say, "oh yeah, I forgot to wash, I'll go back and do that now"?


And what happens if employees don't wash their hands?? Is there a checkpoint, a screening, a smell test. Does the boss go in and count how many squeezes of soap have been used, or dab at the sink after each person comes out to see if it's wet from someone turning on the water and washing? When an employee gets fired or finally quits the horrible job, do they, as they walk out the door for the last time, look back and yell "and I never washed my hands after toileting!"?


Finally folks, shouldn't we all be washing our hands. Shouldn't the sign really say "everyone should wash their hands after they go to the bathroom"? But then it comes around full circle, do we really need to be told and if we do, are we the kind to read a sign and then obey it?


Things that make me go hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment