Friday, December 9, 2011

Weary?




Isaiah 40:27-31

Why do you say, O Jacob, and complain, O Israel, "My way is hidden from the LORD; my cause is disregarded by my God?" Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

I had the opportunity to really meditate on these words a few weeks back and they really spoke to my heart. Ever since then I have been replaying them over and over and sharing them with a few friends who I thought might find encouragement from this scripture. I'm posting it today because as exciting and fun as the holidays can be, for many they can be weary days. Family, finances, busyness and the process of looking back on a year that may be filled with disappointment, mistakes or tragedy can drain us of our joy! I love these verses...so blunt..."do you not know, have you not heard? ... He will not grow tired and weary"

I pray you can put your hope in the LORD when you are weary and that you receive HIS strength to carry you through!

I found the soaring eagle here!

No comments:

Post a Comment