Monday, November 21, 2011

I took my turkey to the mall...

I earned my free turkey at Giant again this year. I was thrilled, since I spend most of our livelihood there. It's nice to feel like I got something back. I noticed they got a little smarter this year, you can only earn one! I have earned two in previous years...oh well...beggars can't be choosers!

When I checked out on Saturday morning I had the usual sticker shock. Either grocery prices have skyrocketed or my new Giant has raised their prices or I'm not being as careful as usual. Probably all of the above!

Finally, at dinner on Saturday night I had a minute to check my register tape. This is a very good habit to get into, I often find mistakes. Unfortunately when I'm shopping with Miss M and JB, by the time I get out of the store they are at DefCon 9 and I don't have 10 seconds to review the tape. So, I'm perusing my register tape, looks good...looks good...WAIT ONE HOT SECOND...what did I pay $21.19 for????? Yup, my free turkey cost me $21.19.

Needless to say, after dinner we packed the kids up and ran a few errands. First we dropped off the $1 Red Box movie rental that we didn't watch and kept for five days (we're dumb people, really). Then we high-tailed it to Giant where I was ready to fight. I had my receipt, my Giant card and THE bird, frozen solid and weighing in at 15+ pounds. But alas, they gladly reimbursed me and even gave me an apology and a Happy Thanksgiving.

By then the kids were done being troopers so we headed off to the mall to let them run around. Prince Charming was very worried about leaving the turkey in the car. I told him our options were a. put the turkey in the stroller and take it in or b. leave it in the car and let it continue the 5 day process of thawing...

The turkey never made it in the mall...but it did enjoy some peace and quiet in the JCPenney parking lot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment